Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Conference Call: Rams DE George Selvie – April 24, 2010

April 24, 2010 05:16PM

(On his decision to stay in school for his senior year)

“There was a lot (of players) that were leaving early last year but I felt like I had to make the best decision for me so I went back to school. I just wanted to win a championship. I wanted to win with my team, so that’s what I felt I had to do. That was my decision, and now I feel like that was the best decision for me. I don‘t regret it.”

(On whether he knew the Rams were interested in him)

“I had got a couple of phone calls this morning. They were talking to me about some different stuff. Then they finally called me and said they were going to draft me with their next pick and I got pretty excited about that. I really appreciate that and I’m happy to be a St. Louis Ram.”

(On his decline in production last year)

“With that, you never make excuses, but I just went through a lot of stuff with injuries that kind of bothered me. With my training I healed those injuries and I’m healthy right now.”

(On whether he has any Ram connections)

“Me and Chris Long, back in ’07 we were both All-Americans together, All-American Defensive End. Me and him can catch up a little bit and we had a couple conversations. He’s going to be the head man up there so I’ll be learning from him so I’ll just be following him and learning all about the defense, and hopefully he’ll give me some help with that.”

(On his style of play)

“I just want to go out there and make plays. Everything starts with the get off with playing defensive line so that’s what I’m trying to do, every time just get off the ball and make a play.”

(On speculation that he would have been drafted higher had he declared last year)

“I’m just really glad to be picked. I’m glad to have this opportunity. People say you might have (gone) higher. Well, woulda coulda shoulda, it doesn’t matter now. I’m in this position, I’m a St. Louis Ram, and I’m happy where I’m at. I’ve been picked up by a team, so I’m really happy right now.”

(On whether being picked late is motivation to be better)

“Yes, some people passed up on me, but I’m just going out there to play my game and try to help the team win.”
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blue and Gold877April 24, 2010 05:16PM